Wheat grass is a proteinous staple food grown all around the world. It contains loads of amino acids, magnesium and high chlorophyll levels, calcium, lysine and other micro nutrients. To get the most benefits from your wheat grass juice, the use of young wheat grass within the range of 7 inches to 11 inches is advised. Wheat grass must be used immediately after harvesting to retain its freshness.
How to extract wheat grass juice using a blender:
- Wash the wheat grass in clean cool water to get out the dirt and press in between paper towels to get rid of excess water.
- Put the wheat grass in a blender, place lid on top of the blender and cover with a paper towel.
- Hold the lid down with and one hand and puree the wheat grass for about 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of the blender and using a spatula, scrape the grass on the sides of the blender back into the lid.
- Replace the lid, hold it down and puree for another 30 seconds.
- Cover the top of drinking glass with clean handkerchief of cheese cloth. use a rubber to hold the material in place some inches down the glass rim. Use your hand to gently push in the handkerchief of cheese cloth some inches into the drinking glass.
- Slowly pour the blended wheat grass juice into the depression made in the cheese cloth or handkerchief. Let each poured juice strain into the drinking glass before refilling to avoid spillage.
- After emptying the content of the blender into the depressed cheese cloth or handkerchief, remove the rubber and lift the material off the drinking glass.
- Drink immediately
Wheat grass juice can also be extracted using an electric juicer or a manual juicer
How to extract wheat grass juice using a wheat grass juicer:
The amount of wheat grass juice needed will determine the amount of wheat grass to be harvested. Using a wheat grass juicer is advised to get the most nutrients out of the plant.
- Rinse wheat grass in clean water and dry out excess water with paper towels.
- Place a cup or glass bowl by the juicer’s spout to catch the juice.
- For a manual juicer, put the wheat grass, standing straight with the tips of the blade at the bottom before turning the handle to juice the wheat grass blades.
- For the electric juicer, put the wheat grass, standing straight with the tips of the blade at the bottom after turning on the juicer.
- Push the wheat grass down to the grinder of the electric juicer using a plunger.
- Make sure to check often to be sure the juice is spouted into the cup or glass bowl to avoid wastage.
- The pulp of the wheat grass should be run through the juicer two to three times to get enough juice from the wheat grass.
- Drink immediately
A manual and electric juicer practically performs the same function. To save time and when juicing for plenty people, an electric juicer is advised because it speeds up the juicing process and it is easier. A manual juicer can be used if you are juicing for one to three persons.
Read some of our juicer reviews: